1. Which state announced interest-free loans of up to Rs.3 lakh for 6 lakh women self-help groups (WSHGs) under ‘Mission Shakti’ scheme benefitting about 70 lakh women?
(d) West Bengal
ANS: (b) Odisha
2. Which railway station became the first railway station of South Central Railway (SCR) zone to hoist a huge tricolour flag on a 100-foot tall pole?
(a) Kochi Railway Station
(b) Secunderabad Railway Station
(c) Vishakhapatnam Railway Station
(d) Madurai Railway Station
ANS: (b) Secunderabad Railway Station
3. Which state that has established a Brahmin Corporation aimed to help poor people of Brahmin families by providing financial assistance for education, coaching, entrepreneurship, skill development and welfare and culture?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh
ANS: (d) Andhra Pradesh
4. Name the journalist who was conferred with the lifetime achievement award for his lifelong contributions in journalism, by the Mantralaya and Vidhimandal Vartahar Sangh?
(a) Vishwas Waghmode
(b) Mahesh Tiwari
(c) Prajakta Pol
(d) Dinu Randive
ANS: (d) Dinu Randive
5. When was the World Day for War Orphans observed?
(a) January 3
(b) January 4
(c) January 5
(d) January 6
ANS: (d) January 6
6. Which of the following Bill did the Lok Sabha pass to regulate the medical education in the best manner?
(a) Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2005
(b) Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2007
(c) Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2018
(d) Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019
ANS: (c) Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2018
7. Who won the Best Actor Award in the drama category at the 76th Golden Globe Awards 2019?
(a) Lucas Hedges
(b) Willem Dafoe
(c) Bradley Cooper
(d) Rami Malek
ANS: (d) Rami Malek
Rami Malek won the Best Actor Award in the drama category for ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ at the 76th Golden Globe Awards while Glenn Close got the Best Actress Award in the drama category for ‘The Wife’.
8. Which of the following date is the official target for universal household electrification in India?
(a) March 31, 2019
(b) December 31, 2019
(c) January 1, 2020
(d) March 31, 2020
ANS: (a) March 31, 2019
9. Indian Panorama Film Festival begins in_______
(a) New Delhi
ANS: (a) New Delhi
10. Nine day long International Kite Festival kicks off in_____
ANS: (d) Ahmedabad
25 total views, 3 views today