1. Which city has been ranked as the No. 1 city in the Swachh Survekshan-2018 (cleanliness of Urban India)?
(d) Both (a) and (b)
ANS: (d) both (a) and (b)
Mysuru and Indore had been ranked as the No. 1 city in Swachh Survekshan 2016, 2017 and 2018 respectively.
2. 27th edition of the New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF) inaugurated by Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi. The theme of the Fair is
(a) Promote the Habit of Reading
(b) Readers with special needs
(c) Reading is everyone’s right
(d) Readers and Publishers
ANS: (b) Readers with special needs
3. Which country exchanged lists of nuclear installations under Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear installations Act, 1988, and list of prisoners for the 27th time?
(d) Sri Lanka
ANS: (b) Pakistan
4. National Green Tribunal imposed a fine of _____ rupees on Meghalaya government for its failure to curb illegal coal mining in the state?
(a) Rs. 100 crore
(b) Rs. 150 crore
(c) Rs. 200 crore
(d) Rs. 250 crore
ANS: (a) Rs. 100 crore
5. Where will the Indus Food Meet 2019 be organized by the Trade Promotion Council of India and Union Commerce Ministry?
(a) Pune, Maharashtra
(b) Rajkot, Gujarat
(c) Guwahati, Assam
(d) Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
ANS: (d) Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
6. Which country declared the ancient Hindu religious site of ‘Panj Tirath’ as national heritage?
(c) Sri Lanka
ANS: (d) Pakistan
‘Panj Tirath’ is Hindu religious site located in Hashtnagri in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It is over 1000-yr-old Hindu religious site
7. Who became the first person to be declared a ‘fugitive economic offender’ under Section 12 of the Fugitive Economic Offenders’ Act, 2018 by a special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) Court in Mumbai?
(a) Nirav Modi
(b) Vijay Mallya
(c) Siddharth Mallya
(d) Dinesh Wadia
ANS: (b) Vijay Mallya
8. Where did Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) host the 3rd edition of the National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEA)?
(a) New Delhi
ANS: (a) New Delhi
9. Water Resources Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Devineni Umamaheswar Rao received the ‘Central Board of Irrigation and Power Award-2019′ for better planning and construction of Polavaram Irrigation Project on which river?
(a) River Krishna
(b) River Godavari
(c) River Brahmaputra
(d) River Narmada
ANS: (b) River Godavari
10. Who was appointed the new Secretary of Department of Fertilizers, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers?
(a) Chhabilendra Roul
(b) Ruthramoorthy S
(c) Samuel Erick
(d) Shana Singh
ANS: (a) Chhabilendra Roul
11. New Chief Justice of Nepal’s Supreme Court is
(a) Justice Cholendra Shamsher J B Rana
(b) Justice Om Prakas Mishra
(c) Justice Pamal Kumar Singla
(d) Justice Amal Nath Pariwar
ANS: (a) Justice Cholendra Shamsher J B Rana
12. New director of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
(a) Dr Suresh Rampal
(b) Dr Rakesh Agarwal
(c) Dr Kailash Chandra
(d) Dr Shekar Kumar
ANS: (b) Dr Rakesh Agarwal
73 total views, 1 views today